Another trend within the hair community is cornrow braids.
They have been around since the 90’s when hip-hop stars were wearing them.
Cornrow hairstyles can range from simple, to very detailed, depending on the look you are going for.
In addition, you can experiment with different colours. There are different cornrowed styles you wear. Cornrow braids will never go out of style because they can be worn in various seasons, whether during the winter/summer as a protective style or during, and for various occasions.
The hairstyle can last one to two months, so you won’t have to worry about maintaining your natural or relaxed hair.
How to install cornrow braids:
1. You want to ensure that your hair is cleansed. So, shampoo, condition and deep condition your hair prior to styling. As well as, moisturise and seal using the LOC or LCO method. Once your hair is cleansed, the style can be worn longer. In addition, moisturising your hair prior to the installation ensures that your natural hair is maintaining its health while under the synthetic hair.
2. Wash your braids before installing them. If you aren’t installing them, then ensure that your stylist does. You can wash it with shampoo, or apple cider vinegar. This ensures that any chemicals that are on the braids, will not transfer to your scalp or hair, and cause more damage than good.
3. Depending on the style that you want then your hair will have to be set in that specific way. For example, if you are doing the mohawk style, then you would part/separate our hair into two sections. Then, cornrow each mini section and feed in your braids, within the half. And, once the mini section is done then you braid downwards to that the hair falls into the middle of your head, just like a mohawk. Next, continue until the entire hair is done.
Popular Cornrow Braids Hairstyles
There are various styles of cornrow braids that can be worn.
Here a couple of ideas:
1. Mohawk Cornrow Braids
2. French Cornrow Braids
3. Cornrow Braids with Beads
4. Cornrow Braided Mohawk
5. Cornrow Braided Bun
6. Cornrow Braided Space Bun
7. Cornrow Pompadour
How to maintain cornrow braids:
1. You need a gel to lay your baby hairs. This maintains the neatness of the style while adding a little flavour to the style. Then, set it with a satin scarf at night time. This will preserve your edges, and maintain the moisture levels in your natural hair.
2. Weekly moisturisation may be needed. You can use a leave-in conditioner to maintain the health of your hair underneath. Or, you can do the LOC/LCO method.
3. Don’t scratch your scalp, or play in the hair. This will maintain the longevity of the hairstyle because your hair will not be fuzzy.
- Sleep with a satin cap to maintain the moisture within your natural hair.Before you install any forms braids yourself or by a stylist ensure that it is not tight. If it is tight this can pull on the scalp follicles and cause damage to your hair growth process, that could have been avoided.
Hair Loss Information Antioxidant supplements play a protective role in our general health including the health of our hair. Antioxidants supplements are supposed to slow down the oxidation reactions which are brought about by the free radicals. The Free radicals are...
See Specific Braids Pages here…
Box Braids – https://braidsandstyles.com/home/box-braids/
Cornrow Braids – https://braidsandstyles.com/cornrow-braids/
Crochet Braids – https://braidsandstyles.com/home/crochet-braids/
Micro Braids – https://braidsandstyles.com/home/micro-braids/
Twists Braids – https://braidsandstyles.com/home/twists-braids/